Wednesday, September 12, 2012

San Diego and Striped Dress



San Diego is a bright sunny happy place and we got to spend two whole days in this place!!Day one was spent at the La Jolla Cove and chit-chatting and enjoying a drink with bunch of friends as you have seen here.
Day two was spent well at the beach and the zoo! yes - A zoo - The world-famous San Diego Zoo!

We kicked off the day with some time at the serene Coronado Beach. Coronado is on the other side of SD, and has a historic importance to it. You will see locals strolling and enjoying life, tourists admiring the place and many a US navy officers in the vicinity! yep, that was the shining glory for me - men in uniforms, who doesn't admire that now!
The Coronado hotel and resort is a sight to behold, old world charm and what not. The beach is open to public and also the small shack that sells refreshing but expensive margaritas. We got one and headed for the beach - it was filled with happy families, children prancing around in water and building sand castles. ooh and did I tell ya, we spotted a F-16 jets on a routine - they have a navy base near-by and guess it was my lucky day :)

After some quiet time we headed for the San Diego Zoo around mid afternoon.
Time for Travel Tip - we should have actually done the reverse - visit the Zoo early am when the animals are awake and energetic. by mid afternoon they are all lazy and hiding away in their caves from the throngs of visitors.

Nevertheless, I don't think I missed seeing any one in particular..they were pretty much all visible. The zoo was buzzing with crowd - old and young - all excited alike. Its def a must-visit place if in SD, the star attraction being the huge but cutey cute Pandas, the vibrant flamingos, humongous hippos, giraffes - all so close by you could touch them almost. The zoo has buses, escalators and cable car rides for convenience but I would say reserve at least 4-5 hours for a complete tour.

One last tip - I felt chilly in some parts of the zoo, so better take that jacket/cardigan with you. 

This is what I wore on a fun-tastic day in SD - my tangerine striped dress. I got it from Aeropostale 3 years back and have wore it only once on a trip to Orlando. Its and eye-catcher and screams fun for sure! what better place than So-Cal to don it, right?
This time I paired it with contrasting turquoise beaded jewelry and my comfy leather boat shoes (my trusted-walking companions). I love how the tangerine and turquoise look like a match made in fashion-heaven :)



What I am wearing - Dress: Aeropostale (2009); Boat shoes: Aldo; Purse: Coach;
beaded necklace: JC Penney; Earrings: India; 
Ring: India; Beaded bracelet: Puerto Rico street shopping;  Aviators: Tory Burch;
Watch: Michael Kors Womens Chronograph (Gift from Parents); iphone case: Kate Spade


Senorita with her Margarita!

The Zoo's superstars!
Momma Giraffe n her cutee baby/Kung-Fu Panda munching away/Flamin-Go/Chillaxing Kangaroo

18 comments:

Juneli said...

You look sassy in that striped number, Ashy, and love the pop of turquoise!
Love
Juneli from Fashionably Yours

Rupa said...

Love your dress!

ThefashionFlite said...

truly tang and blue is a match made in heaven.loved how u style it ! I have done a similar combo too in one of my post ! U look so bubbly n cheerful in this one !
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin

Bhushavali said...

Love everything about this outfit!
The dress, blue accessories, shoes - perfect!!!
Do drop by my blog sometime.
FASHION PANACHE BLOG

StylishByNature said...

Stripes are my fav and coral is just awesome !! you look so charming :)

❤ StylishByNature.com

Ruby Parmar said...

Hey gurl! following u back :)
U've got a nice space here :)
U lookin awesome in stripes...Keep rocking! :)

Juliet Polilova said...

looks like you had a really great time there!
very nice blog by the way ;)

kisses from Russia,
Juliet

!!! LEAVE COMMENT AND WIN RAY-BAN ON MY BLOG !!!

TaNuja said...

You look great lady :)

specially i loved your ring :)

daggistr said...

Wow You look great ! beautiful dress ( I love stripes ! ) and this necklace - gorgeous combo ! ...would You like to follow each other ? just let me know :)

Daggi

Unknown said...

Hello! Thank you for your comment on my Blog and for following.
I have followed you back on GFC :)
Really enjoyed reading this post and looks like you had a wonderful time.
Can't wait for summer in South Africa and to hit the beaches again.
Unfortunately our Zoo is on the verge of closing down here as there is not enough financial support to keep it going.
Pretty dress and bright accessories, you look great!
Kisses :)
www.simplysiyaam.com

Heather said...

Such fun pictures! I love the coral and blue together - you look so pretty!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I always wanted to visit san diego! Looks amazing. Great combinations of colors, love the turquoise accents

xo Rachel

www.glamhampton.com

Anna and Klaudia said...

You look so pretty :) New follower :)

http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

Alwand Blog said...

this is such a cool summer outfit, great look

http://alwand.co.uk/index.php/fashionstreet-fashion

In the Blue said...

You look beautiful! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

It looks awesome :)
Terribly I like your blog!

xoxo

Anupriya DG said...

I love your pretty striped dress! (OK...I have a HUGE thing for stripes of any kind!) Thanks for liking my blog...am following yours too! :)

Natasha Gregson said...

Gorgeous :) Love the dress!!

ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...