Thursday, September 20, 2012

NYC and InFB Blogger meet

*This post has been delayed by a week*
One balmy Friday evening the bloggers from InFB (Indian Fashion Bloggers) met, and what a whale of a time did they have!
Thanks to Tanvi for this initiative for the meet-up, else I would never have met such wonderful people (who I have always known from their blogs and tweets). Its such a revelation, when you meet the people behind the blogs - they are real people, beautiful, chirpy personalities. 

I had everything planned for the meetup day, outfit, shoes, jewelry, makeup, confidence - check and check! The hitch just was the long drive from DC to NYC - well and as luck (??!) would have it we left late, got stuck in traffic, lost our way and..hmm. I think that was about it to make me late for the meetup. 
I met with with Renu from Renew-it at the NJ PATH station before heading to the meetup - but the time we reached both of us were huffing and puffing from the walk from the subway station. 
The rooftop bar was picture-perfect with a backdrop of the majestic Empire State Building and the hip NYC crowd. I am glad I was in time to meet with the lovely Jyoti from Style Delights, Tanvi from The Fabulous life of not-so-rich and infamous, Dhruvi from Stilettos & Sequins, Nisha from Love Laugh and Mirch, Richa from Urban Mantra, Prutha from Dont Shoe Me and Ashlene. 

We drank, chit-chatted, shared our experiences and background - basically everything other than our blogs! Of course we took a lot of pics too! So I will stop yapping now and let you enjoy the lovely (Instagrammed!) memories from that evening. I would highly recommend such blogger meets - at least twice in a year, and even better if more. It just helps to get together our community and spread some blogger love, don't you think?

Unfortunately, in all the hurry to get to the event, I did not get to click any outfit pics! I got ready in a record time of 10 mins. and rushed out the door, completely skipping on my fav thing to do - Take outfit pics. 

Well, you can get a sneak-peek of my outfit in the pics below and this is What I Wore
Leopard-print dress - Express; Black Bolero - Macys; Peep-toes pumps: Bandolino @ DSW;
Accessories - JC Penney; Bag - Aldo; Watch - Michael Kors Womens Chronograph (Gift from parents)

InFB Bloggers!/ One parting pic/ Renu, Richa and me/ 4 gals and a random dude! 

With Richa / Renu / Tanvi 
Gorgeous view from our table/ All of us!

12 comments:

Urban Mantra said...

What a fun time we had! I agree - it's great to be able to finally meet the bloggers we interact with so much online. Everyone was so sweet and charming! I agree, we HAVE to do this again :)

Richa
www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

A FASHION STATE OF MIND said...

love your blog
following you
follow me back?

xoxo
http://hindsfashionstateofmind.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

Lovely pics!! Wonderful get together,keep up the good work!!

http://www.hairextensions-australia.com.au

Indianbeautie said...

Awww seems like you had great fun...we here in london are also going to have a similar south asian bloggers meet...can't wait x

http://www.indianbeautie.com/

TaNuja said...

oh... m so J :)


I'd also love to meet fellow bloggers some day.

Unknown said...

It was great, wasn't it! :)

Love to have met you!

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Unknown said...

*meant to say 'lovely to have met you!'

Anupriya DG said...

Eeee!! Looks like it was great fun!! Waiting for the day when I'll get to meet all of you!!!!!! :))

Unknown said...

Nice post :) If you have time take a look at my blog .Let me know if we can follow each other :)

Mehak said...

The Infb meet post if finally up.. I was waiting for it.. You guys had an amazing time.. I can see that.. will be definitely joining you next time!! hah!!

I love the pic with the "random dude".. and the view was certainly breathtaking...

Love
Mehak
www.thedoublemlife.blogspot.com

ashy said...

thanks all, it was really lovely meeting all the fashion bloggers!

SJ said...

looks like a lot of fun. I've never attended any blogger's meet. I wish we'd have a good one in Mumbai soon :)

www.styledestino.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...