Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Desi twist

This month's challenge at Indian Fashion Blogger (InFB) was Indian Fusion - inducing 'Indian-ness' in your western wear/everyday wear. Basically, adding a 'Desi' twist to your outfit. Well, I had this kurta/tunic sitting on my wardrobe shelf for almost 8 months now, so this was going to be my item of experimentation for this challenge. I wore this cute desi ('Indian') kurta as a 'dress' - inspired from one of many Tanvi's innovative tricks to dress!

I got this kurta on my last trip to India and its actually a product of street-shopping in Mumbai (Thane station road to be precise). I have a long list of what I love about this dress - the unusual hem-line, empire cut, organic aka cotton fabric, puff sleeves and the cute green 'boottis' hanging from the side. This was a cute n comfy summer outfit for a coffee date with hubby :)
Well who says you need to stock up on summer dresses..there are other ways to 'dress up' too. So tell me, would try this trick and wear a Indian kurta as a dress ?

Linking this post for InFB Remix challenge, What I Wore Wednesday and Transatlantic blonde.

P.S.: This is my first outfit post after my hair-cut. I know, I have been cheating, posting flash backs for almost a month now. But kya kare...I have a backlog of outfit posts especially from my travels. So, you are gonna be seeing more flashbacks here n there :) hey, do let me know how you like the new look?? I know I loved it tooo much, it reminds me of my college days :)



What I am wearing: Kurta/Tunic: Street shopping, Mumbai; Necklace: JC Penney; Earrings: random boutique in Provincetown, MA; Black peep-toe pumps: Bandolino at DSW; Bag, Ring n Sunglasses: Aldo; Necklace 'worn as' bracelet: H&M











That's my 'Fall-color' inspired manicure - Hunter green! 

21 comments:

Maneet Jassal Gupta said...

You are so right about this kurti reminding of college days! All those colorful stretchy churidars. Time to dig them out too! You look lovely in this! :)

Rupa said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful dress, beautiful you!

Unknown said...

you look great darling ! now following you as well

much of love,

http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

Gina said...

Love it! I really love that clutch too :)

Indianbeautie said...

The kurti looks great and the pics have come out so well

http://www.indianbeautie.com/

Rien Bautista said...

Your dress look super retro! I love it! You look really happy. Cheers to happiness! I hope you have time to visit my blog!

http://rienbautista.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

The smile on your face is making the outfit prettier. The photography is very good.


Love,Sindhu
www.sindhugupta.blogspot.in

Heather said...

what a great dress! You look so pretty in these pictures!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Pink Jasmine Blog said...

I surely do love the dress with hunter green nails. You look beautiful.

Love
Shilpi
www.pinkjasminestyling.com

Unknown said...

nice dress..

Haddock said...

Your title is apt "Desi Twist"
Adding that Indian ness helps in highlighting the dress.
Like the DOF in the last picture.

Devina said...

Hi,

I love your blog! Following you via gfc, follow me back?

Love,
Devina

www.guiltybytes.com

Shubhi said...

Nice!
Love the kurti turned dress;)

Love,
Shubhi's Revels!

Sugar Lane said...

u look adorable!
kisses from spain,
s

SJ said...

interesting outfit,,!! perfect desi twist.

u looking great wid that smile :)

www.styledestino.com

Melaina25 said...

Super cute!

♥Transatlantic Blonde♥

Homemaker Honey said...

Love the Kurta/Tunic...would love a closet full for myself, especially with the Australian summer approaching. It looks so feminine and pretty, also cool and comfortable.

Stopping by from What I Wore Wednesday. Please come on over and say, "G'Day!"
http://speechnotrecognised.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/what-i-wore-wednesday.html

Deborah

Nidhi Mahajan said...

What a gorgeous twist!

I am having a giveaway on my blog! A Pretty Little Mess- First Giveaway- Win Personalized Products!

In the Blue said...

The Kruti is so pretty! I would never have the 'balls' to wear Indian clothes like that, haha. Since I don't usually wear it often, I love to keep it ethnic and traditional when I do. But I love it as a dress, creative! I like your feather ring, I have the same exact one :)

stylemeeh said...

Wow! Really nice way of wearing a tunic as a dress. Love the ring you are wearing.
xo
http://stylemeeh.blogspot.com

kurtis said...

Top design is very nice. i like it. thanks for sharing. I also want to share with you latest online designer Kurti collection from G3 fashions surat.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...