Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blazer-weather weekend


So after a lot of cribbing about winter here, the weather gods have been kind enough to bless us with the 'Blazer-Weather' weekend! A beautiful sunny day where you can wear a blazer and no more layers; and this beautiful day was on the weekend. Double bonanza I say, people!

I bought the striped-blazer on a 'frustrated-with-winter-so-need-to-vent-out' shopping trip. Don't worry I made sure that the shops had a winter sale going on before I indulged though. Thank God, for my brain's frugal-section that was not frozen, right? Since the purchase, the blazer has been hanging in the closet for a couple of months I was waiting for the right day so that I don't need to bury it down under a wool coat (which quite rightly meant that I would never get to flaunt it until this winter-business is done).

So when the blazer-weekend showed up, my obvious choice was to pick this little baby outta my closet :) When it's blue and white stripes, pink cannot be far behind, right gals? Skinny jeans and comfy boots (yeah, it is still winter, duh!) completed the look. The pink is kinda hot pink/ fuchsia pink so for the accessories I went low profile. Also, whenever I wear pink, I have this urge of pairing it with the pink-print Vera Bradley, 'cause well, it really compliments the color!

Striped blazers/cardigans are worth the investment. Stripes is a versatile print, every body knows that, right? No??! OK then, believe me that it is. I can think of a bazillion ways to style this blazer; pair it with the blue top/outfit, or with a contrast hue (like I did here), or with another print - polkas, floral, or stripes-on-stripes - all these work just super!

If you are feeling stripe-shy, take one small step at a time. Get a stripes top/tee, or even a striped accessory like a handbag/clutch/headband. The best part of stripes is it's classic, trendy and a readily available print and of course I hear that it's the spring trend for 2013! SO, tell me, have I convinced you yet or should I do some more yapping??!

Anyhow, without further ado, here are the pictures from a lovely warm-weather weekend we, the people whining through sub-zero temps, were blessed with!

J.Crew Top (similar/similar) | American Eagle Skinny jeans | Banana Republic Striped-blazer (similar) | 
Born Tan boots | Fossil Watch at Nordstorm (you can buy it here)| 
Vera Bradley Purse | Banana Republic Sunglasses (similar)


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Blazer and fuscia combo
u look gorgeous gal :)

Rupa said...

Its a nice blazer..Enjoy the weather now :)

jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

Maneet Jassal Gupta said...

Nice choices with the striped blazer! You look gorgeous!

ThefashionFlite said...

such a perfect pick ! And u seem to be glowing !!
✿thefashionflite
✿twitter
✿Bloglovin
✿FaceBook

DrVitthalK said...

Nice Stylish Blazer ....Enjoy the spring weather.....!

SJ said...

interesting look, like the way u wore it.

beautiful pictures. Here (Mumbai) the heat is on, jealous of the lovely weather ure enjoying there

www.styledestino.com

Rhea said...

The blazer looks great on you. Very chic. Nice look.
Xx
Rhea
http://fuss.co.in

Unknown said...

I love blazers and striped blazers are even more fun! I own a pair that I can't wait to start wearing once the weather (stupid winter!!) gets better. Looking great here, Ashy! :)

richa
www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

Aditi SoSaree said...

Love the blazer n love the clutch.

Aditi
So-Saree
www.sosaree.blogspot.in
New Post Up

In the Blue said...

I like this blazer with the bright top, its fun and so spring ready! You can pull it off so well :)

Style-Delights said...

I am looking for a striped blazer for so long!! You look great in it..sporty and chic!! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
-Jyoti
Style Delights Blog

Seoulful Sagas said...

I.Love.Your.Entire.Outfit!!

Its so cool. :) and I am happy to know ur from Mumbai too. Let's meet whenever u come down. :)

Best,
Priyanka (The Purplenista)
www.amazonianbeauty.blogspot.in

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...