Chocolate and Coconut is simply a match made in heaven! And so here's a quick and easy cookie recipe that marries these two heavenly ingredients! I made these cookies for a Thanksgiving potluck at our place and served them for dessert with chocolate-chip ice cream. The cookies were a hit with my friends which wants me to share this recipe with you all :)
I adapted this recipe from one of my all-time favorite cooks on Food Network - Giada De Laurentiis. She is one smart, beautiful and savvy chefs on the network and watching her shows on the weekend is my much-loved activity (read addiction). So without much adieu, I present you the steps to create a yummy, crunchy and lip-smacking cookie *slurrrp*
Total Time: 39 min.
Prep: 10 min.
Cook: 9 min.
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetened, flaked coconut
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet (62 percent cacao) chocolate, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (recommended: Nestle Chocolatier/ Ghirardelli)
1. Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, coconut, melted butter, flour, vanilla, and salt.
3. Using a 1/2-ounce cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop 6 balls of dough, 3 to 4 inches apart, on each baking sheet. Lightly flatten the tops of the dough. Cook until golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the parchment paper, about 15 minutes.
4. Place the chocolate in a bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Using a fork, drizzle the tops of the cookies with the melted chocolate.
5. Freeze the cookies until the chocolate has set, about 5 minutes. Remove the cookies from the freezer and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Cook's Note: If the cookies have baked into one another, use a knife or metal spatula to separate the cookies then allow to cool.
Unbelievable isn't it? Just five easy steps and the delicious cookies are ready to be savored :) Enjoy them with fruits, ice cream, cold coffee or just as is...I am sure you will not be done with one!
Picture via Food Network