heylooo there, I am bac from my slumber and feeling super hungryyyyyyy!!
I admit I didnt have a sweet tooth in childhood or even growing up (yeah yeah..very strange behavior for a kid!)..but since I have been in the US of A, i have been craving for chocolates, chocolate cakes, brownies, cheesecakes..ooh la la..gimme all !!
I try to bake some of my fav sweet things, but the easiest n yummiest of them is my 'chocolate banana nut bread'..I have baked it often and think it’s a quick n easy fix for afternoon nibblings or breakfast or even for picnic snack. You can bake it 1-2 days ahead of time and the bread remains moist. As a desert, I usually serve it warm (heat in microwave) with a big dollop of ice cream (vanilla/ chocolate chip flavors go well) or gelato or even chilled whipped cream.
Last Christmas, I had submitted this recipe for our apartment complex recipe booklet. Recently, one of friends asked for this recipe n thought of sharing it with all of you..! It’s a very simple recipe n hope u enjoy it!
Well, have a sweeeeet time baking n eating it :)
P.S.: i usually have my laptop open on the counter or dining table and keep running up n down from the kitchen but when the fresh bread is baking in the oven and perfumes the air with sweetness it’s all worth it J..aaaaah wataaa feeling!!
(Recipe courtesy – about.com)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (approx.2-3 bananas)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Stir together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl until blended.
3) Combine chocolate chips and toasted walnuts in a small bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon flour.
4) Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
5) Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
6) Beat in mashed bananas, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
7) Beat in flour mixture on low speed until blended.
8) Spoon about one-third of the batter into buttered and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with half of chocolate chip-walnut mixture.
9) Spoon another one-third of batter over the chocolate chip mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chip-walnut mixture.
10) Cover with remaining banana bread batter.
11) Run knife through batter in zig-zag pattern.
12) Bake bread until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan; turn out onto rack to cool completely.
Makes one delish n moist 9x5x3-inch loaf of banana bread with chocolate chips and walnuts.
|Hot Hot! straight out from the oven..|