Friday, October 25, 2013

Denim on Denim

A denim-on-denim is a classic look and one that's easy one to throw on too. Just keep the denim hues slightly apart - like pairing a darker hue on the bottoms with a chambray shirt. With this look, you just need one striking accessory to break the monotony. I have done one in the past, with bright pink accents which really gave a dramatic contrast against the rugged denim.

So well, that was the theme for the day but I thought of taking up the accent part up a notch in the ethnic department. I got a vibrant orange vest with a delicate paisley design during my 'mandatory' shopping trip to Colaba Causeway (also it came in a cute bandhani cotton bag. For those who do not know, Colaba Causeway is the Holy Grail of street shopping in Bombay). I am quite attracted to such quirky pieces especially since moving to the States. I think they just show off an interesting part of your personality. Added plus for me, in my effort to build a balanced wardrobe, I get to add a orange/ tangerine colored item to my closet (and also that, I am a huge fan of dressing up in vests). So there you go, just one accent and that's it; you ready to head out.

Bee-tee-w, did you see that Fall is here! The pretty-colored leaves, the chill in the air, pumpkin spice latte..all that and more is here! And for me it is the time to get back dressing up in good ol' denims :)

Old Navy Chambray shirt (buy here) | Express denims (similar) | Tory Burch Aviators (similar)
| Vest from Colaba Causeway, Mumbai | Target Shoes | Ring Gift from a friend |

one big YAY for Fall


6 comments:

amu_blackeyes said...

woww... U looking gorgeous Ashwini... And that lip color is looking awesummm.... plishhhh telll me which color is it..

Kalyani said...

Once again the photos in this post are rockin! I love how you try something new every time :-) Love the vest and denim on denim..well styled!
K
klassystylefiles.blogspot.com.au

Anonymous said...

Oooh. I love the vest... India is such a treasure..

Fashion Factive said...

Love the Indian touch !

Maneet Jassal Gupta said...

Loving the 'quirky' piece! Great outfit! :)

Anupriya DG said...

That touch of red & the paisleys is JUST what the double dose of denim required!! Well-styled, I must say! :)

P.S.: Don't we all just LOVE Causeway??? <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...